Pages

Friday 10 September 2010

yong green food, fitzroy: vegetarian and beyond

Yong Green Food is another place I frequent with Simon. A cozy little vegetarian place with a generous selection of vegan, raw, organic and gluten-free options in the menu, it successfully caters to a niche market while also satisfying those like us whose lifestyles don't revolve around any specific dietary requirements, but are nonetheless appreciative of honest, healthy food anywhere we can get it.

We both decided to choose something that we had never ordered before, and Simon went for the vegan Japanese curry. This is mild and delicate, prompting him to say that it could've packed a stronger flavour, but I personally quite liked the subtlety.

japanese curry

I had the rawsagne, which is raw, organic, vegan and gluten-free. As I bite into the crisp zucchini, it gives way to the creamy cashew cheese, which harbours a pleasing crunch beneath its soft and yielding first impressions. Mushrooms, onions and marinara complete the picture. I don't know if this is something that will appeal to the masses, but I found it interesting in a nice way. In fact, Simon took a fancy to this one and was hovering like a vulture towards the end, waiting to scavenge any leftovers. Yes, I did leave him a scrap.

rawsagne

Yong Green Food on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails