Pages

Wednesday 1 September 2010

men-tsuyu to the rescue

I got home at nearly 10pm tonight and all I wanted was something to eat ASAP, so I fall to my usual staple: organic noodles and vegetables. Normally I'd add some protein as well, but the only eligible candidates were a couple of chicken drumsticks in the freezer, and I couldn't be bothered defrosting them.

Luckily, I have some organic men-tsuyu (Japanese noodle seasoning) which I bought last weekend and haven't tried yet, but I suspected it would make my meagre meal tastier. The main ingredients are listed as soy sauce, dried fish flakes, kelp, sugar and vinegar, and I have to say it lent a lovely savoury touch to my noodles, with a well-balanced hint of sweetness. Hurrah for helpful seasonings!

organic ramen salad

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails