|the lavender was beautiful.|
This is how I went about it...
11/2 cups water
1/2 cup fresh edible lavender flowers (may be substituted with 2 tablespoons dried)
1 small lemon
sugar (the recipe I consulted says 1/2 cup granulated sugar, but I substituted instead with just a small lump of chinese yellow rock sugar for a milder sweetness)
- Shake the flowers and rinse with water to clean them.
- Boil sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and add the lavender flowers.
- Cover and let it steep for 45 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add lemon juice. With the addition of lemon juice, the colour turned into a gorgeous sunset pink!
- Pour into clean jars (I sterilized mine with very hot water) and store in the fridge.
|a sweet lavender infusion|
I imagine this lavender cordial would be great in other types of beverages too - a cocktail, perhaps? - and with a wide assortment of desserts. Possibly even savoury foods, if you are feeling a little adventurous! So if you have lots of lavender, this could be something worth trying. It looks so pretty, too!
|lovely lavender cordial|